- Find four to six people. Commit with one another.
- Pick a spot. I like public coffee shops with dispersed seating or a little privacy.
- Pick a regular meeting time. Usually 60-90 minutes. I like mornings.
- Show up. Even if only one of you is in town/available that week, still show up. You'll enjoy coffee by yourself thinking about your friends.
- Agree on a little structure.
- Quick Check In: "What are three words that describe you today?"
- Conversation Question: Whoever is moderating today picks a good question and answers it first. An example: "If you could be world-class in anything, what would it be?" No long conversation. Just a way to engage.
- Brief Personal Updates: 4-5 minutes per person, uninterrupted, no questions. I like giving "three headlines" or quick summaries and then unpack one in more detail: "Here are the facts... the stories I make up... how I feel... and what I want. My next steps are..."
- After everyone has a turn, close with appreciations and action commitments.