- A singular event on a school playground where someone learned they could stand up for themselves.
- A moment a parent or loved one said "you've got this", and the success that followed.
- A moment of decision to step into something we've always been passionate about as opposed to simply following a pre-determined script for our lives.
- The birth of a child. Becoming a parent.
- The birth of a grandchild. Becoming a grandparent.
Last week I met my first grandchild. In a moment following a warm welcoming hug, my daughter introduced me to her newborn daughter. My son-in-law handed me his precious little girl to hold. In a moment, they became parents. I became a grandfather. Life changed.
Mature leaders are always open to changing their viewpoint or position when new information arrives. Well... new information arrived last week in the form of a baby! So, what changes? What long-held beliefs come into play? How does this re-order relationships? What are the deeper desires here?
My sense is the answers have less importance than the curious questions.