Sunday, September 30, 2012

As opposed to what?

Great idea!  Let's do it!  I'm In!  The enthusiasm builds as the group lands on a course of action.  And then, I smash it.

"So, you're going to do that as opposed to what?" 

Blank stares.  Angry stares.  "What do you mean, as opposed to what?"

"Well, it seems like any time we pick a course of action, or a strategic path to follow, it's a good idea to recognize that every step we take is a choice.  And so, it might be good to think about your choice in light of some other course of action you have not chosen, or that you are ruling out by the choice you are making."

Groan.

I love my work. 

Onward!

V



What would guide your steps in a gap year?

In March of this year I decided to end all of my current work and take a gap year in 2024.  It’s been a process of letting go, handing off, ...